Overview for Entrepreneurs
We help entrepreneurs reach their goals through
accelerated fundraising and effective venture development strategies.
We specialize in packaging, positioning and marketing your unique offer or valuable solution
to the right audiences. Our full range of services -- from strategy
to presentation to prospective investor partners -- are listed below:
Back to Top
- Market and competitive analysis research
for your industry*.
In3 specializes in industrial biomaterials (see list below), water filtration and remediation technologies, holistic health and bioenergy-related industries. Deepest specializations to date (as of 4/09):
- Bioplastics: biodegradable resins, durable composites, and waste recovery; industries range from food service packaging to fabrics and agricultural films to automotive interiors (note: In3 managing director Daniel Robin has chaired conferences and given keynotes on this topic)
- Biolubricants (from engine oils to hydraulic fluids) and biobased greases
- Non-toxic cleaners, degreasers, and solvents -- "green chemistry"
- Biodiesel processing & distribution, feedstocks & coproducts (such as glycerine upgrading)
- Nutraceutical and nutritional products from specialty food crops and botanical extracts
- Agricultural inputs (fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides, etc.) as that relates to waste water treatment and water quality management
- Wind power
- Building-integrated and thin film photovoltaics
- Partners address biopharmaceuticals, hydrogen, cellulosic, and algal biofuels
trends and drivers to plan and focus promotions, business development and marketing*
- Public relations, PR strategy, viral marketing, social media, and press relations *
- Marketing communications (including technical communication to non-techie audiences)
- Assistance with corporate identity, critical success factors, key performance indicators, visual/brand
identity, and competitive positioning *
- Valuation assistance -- comparison of value of company assets to similar ventures in your industry
- Technology licensing & due diligence (ask about your
specific industry) *
Back to Top
- Structuring venture capital transactions: how much to raise in the initial round, from whom, using what structures (debt or equity or both), hidden cultural dynamics and how to approach "making the ask"
- Conducting a search for and locating qualified
- Introduction or co-presentation to prospective
- Workshops and CEO coaching on how to
achieve your funding goals
How do you find investors with whom you share values, who want to "profit
with meaning," and who will support the vision and mission of your venture?
Through these services, your company can learn what investors expect
for your industry, discover the socioeconomic trends that are driving
changes in those expectations, and find out how to "get ahead of the curve"
and gain investor participation in your venture.
In3 managing director Daniel Robin addresses the challenges of constructing
and funding a valuable, successful business in a brief online presentation,
available without cost. Click on Raising
Affinity Capital to gain an overview of the key "maker/breakers"
for each of these facets of venture development. Daniel discusses proven
strategies for attracting the right partners for any early stage venture.
In3 can either
represent your project to potential investors on your behalf, or simply
make the introduction. This would depend on factors such as your comfort
level with us as well as with your own presentation and negotiation
skills, your familiarity with the investor's criteria, our familiarity
with your technology, confidentiality, geographic location and timing.
We are extremely thorough and careful in understanding your business plan
and the terms you would prefer, however, there are obvious limits that
we would honor.
Back to Top
- Alternative funding (grants, low-interest
loans, etc.) and venues for an IPO (e.g., AIM Exchange in UK) *
- Access to temporary talent ("virtual" CFO,
CMO, etc.) and active angels or other business partners
- Grant program development and writing assistance *
- Board and management dispute resolution,
team building *
- Sourcing and screening talent, interviewing
- Public policy consulting (limited to TARP, California Green Chemistry Initiative, and labeling standards) *
- Business systems and organizational development
|* Through core competencies in management
consulting, executive coaching, marketing and communication, we assist
through a fee-for-service or retainer relationship. Such services
are provided through In3 staff or Board
members, with In3 accountable for project management and coordination.
Find out more about listing your venture with In3: